WHO WE ARE
Formed in 2017, the Manitoba Coalition for Advanced Manufacturing (‘the Coalition') aims to raise awareness and coordinate input from Manitoba entities on advanced manufacturing initiatives. Our group unites Manitoba's advanced manufacturing ecosystem and seeks to speak with one voice on issues affecting Manitoba's advanced manufacturing environment.
Led by Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) and Economic Development Winnipeg (EDW), the Advanced Manufacturing Coalition (‘The Coalition') initiative covers a series of projects of varying complexities and scope. Our strength rests in our ability to work together to leverage our resources rather than operating as a stand-alone organization.
Manitoba is a world-class advanced manufacturing hub
The Coalition includes representatives from Manitoba industry, academia, sector associations, non-profit organizations (NPOs), government agencies, research entities and economic development groups whose focus is manufacturing. Together, we aim to:
- Continuously improve the productivity and competitiveness of Manitoba's multi-sectoral manufacturing eco-system;
- Establish Manitoba as a leader in advanced manufacturing research, innovation and technology;
- Develop an advanced manufacturing workforce;
- Leverage government, industry and academic resources to achieve maximum economic impact in the most efficient manner possible; and
- Sustain and increase high-quality manufacturing employment opportunities in Manitoba.
In order for the Coalition to effectively carry out its mission, participation by all members is of utmost importance. Coalition member responsibilities include:
- Exchange information on advanced manufacturing processes, technologies and human capital requirements;
- Promote collaborative opportunities to develop and commercialize advanced manufacturing processes and technologies that enhance the productivity of Manitoba's diverse and robust manufacturing industrial base;
- Develop the human capital required within Manitoba's industrial and academic ecosystems related to advanced manufacturing; and
- Provide non-partisan advice to government and other stakeholders.
Vice President, CME
Senior Vice President, EDW
Coalition Executive Director
Boeing | Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters | CARIC | Composites Innovation Centre Manitoba Inc. | Economic Development Winnipeg | EnviroTREC | Food and Beverage Manitoba | ICTAM | Industrial Technology Centre | Magellan | Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology | Micro Tool and Machine | National Research Council | New Flyer | Precision ADM | Price Industries | Red River College | University of Manitoba | Vehicle Technology Centre | WestCaRD | Western Economic Diversification | Yes! Winnipeg