Act now to save on training – the Canada Manitoba Jobs Grant program is now accepting applications
Published by CME Manitoba on May 05, 2017
The Canada Manitoba Jobs Grant program, which helps companies subsidize their training costs by up to two thirds, is now accepting applications for a limited intake period.
Looking to take advantage of Canada Manitoba Jobs Grant funding for CME training programs like the upcoming Leadership Development Program, LEAN Certification and more? Members are encouraged to act now – the application process is now open.
The Canada Manitoba Job Grant allows eligible employers to apply for up to $10,000 for each individual worker to assist with training costs. Employers that receive funding under the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant can receive a refund of up to two-thirds of eligible training costs.
Intake one: April 2017- May 15, 2017 (for training that begins April 2017 – March 2018)
Intake two: September 1-October 1, 2017 (for training that begins after September 1 – March 2018)
- CME and other sector council delivered training allocation has been increased to $500,000.
- The $30,000 cap per contract remains in place.
- Employers can apply for both intakes, but there is no guarantee of funding. Once the intake closes, applications will no longer be accepted.
- The process is no longer first come, first served.
- CME member are encouraged to participate in training that occurs during the initial intake period as grant funding is often exhausted early in the fiscal year.
Members can obtain copies of the training form here: Canada-Manitoba Job Grant | Workforce Development | Province of Manitoba
Found in: jobs grant