Manitoba Budget Report 2017
Published by CME Manitoba on April 11, 2017
On April 11, 2017, the Honourable Cameron Friesen presented his second budget as Minister of Finance. In many respects, this is the first true budget of the Progressive Conservative government as last year’s budget was presented so soon after the provincial election.
The revised budget deficit for the 2016-17 fiscal year is now $872 million which is down slightly from the $911 million deficit predicted a year ago. The deficit for the 2017-18 fiscal year is projected to be $840 million.
- Deficit of $872 million projected for 2016-17
- Deficit of $840 million forecast for 2017-18
- Many boutique tax credits eliminated
- Personal tax brackets and basic credit remain indexed
- See more at: https://www.bdo.ca/en-ca/insights/tax/federal-and-provincial-budgets/2017/manitoba-budget-report-2017/#sthash.xk5FbHPr.dpuf