2017/18 CME Manitoba AGM Recap
Published by CME Manitoba on April 27, 2018
On Wednesday, April 25, 2018, CME Manitoba held our annual general meeting.
At CME, we strive to ensure that the needs of manufacturers are addressed through a range of resources. Along with a review of the highlights of the past 12 months, we outlined our priorities for 2018/2019 in key areas of support for manufacturing; including LEAN and productivity, leadership & executive support, advanced manufacturing & innovation, human resources & skills development (including future workforce initiatives), trade & business development and safety.
Thank you to our special guests: Paul Remillard, CME Manitoba Board Chair, SVP and GM, Global Projects Group, Price Industries; François Cordeau, Vice President of Transportation and Manufacturing, National Research Council Canada; Jack Maendel, CEO, EcoPoxy and Kelly Bindle, MLA of Thompson, Legislative Assistant to the Minister of Growth, Enterprise and Trade.
Did you know…
Participants at the AGM heard that:
- CME delivers the only manufacturing leadership/mentorship program designed to support LEAN
- CME leads the Coalition for Advanced Manufacturing to best connect manufacturers to research and Industrie 4.0 technologies
- Through Made Safe, CME supports over half of all manufacturers in safety and certifies companies qualifying them for a 15 per cent WCB premium reduction
- CME provides strategic advisory support for manufacturing SME leaders to help them grow
- CME is the forefront of advocacy in manufacturing, with a focus on key topics such as carbon tax, Hydro rates, red tape reduction, business taxation and NAFTA
- CME focuses on the future workforce by providing programs for youth, such as LEAN 101, Career Discovery and Edge Factor which attract young people to manufacturing careers
Found in: Manufacturing Competitiveness